Monday, June 12, 2006
The 2005 version of "A Field Guide to Oklahoma's Amphibians and Reptiles" (by Greg and Lynnette Sievert) is now at the Al Harris Library in Government Documents
(W 2800.5 F453a 2005.) This is a very interesting book - even for people who hate snakes! Think that you know a lot about Oklahoma reptiles? Take this 6 question True or False quiz:
1. There are more than 4 types of rattlesnakes in Oklahoma.
2. Some Oklahoma snakes kill their prey by constricting.
3. The Texas horned toad is in decline and is a protected species.
4. The Texas horned toad can squirt blood from their eyes when disturbed.
5. There are 17 types of turtles in Oklahoma!
6. The American Alligator is native to parts of Oklahoma.
5/6 correct = you're an expert. 4 correct = very good. 3 correct = average. 2 correct = fair. 1 correct = time to move to Rodeo Drive. Answers: all T.
Click on the Title above to link to the Oklahoma Snakes website.