Friday, December 19, 2008
Einstein's Other Gift To Us
Einstein is reported to have created this puzzle and also said that only 2% of the world's population could solve it. Can you?
Question: Who owns the fish?
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the left of the white house.
5. The green house owner drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Malls keeps birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill cigarettes.
8. The man living in the house in the middle drinks milk.
9. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
10. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the one who smokes Dunhills.
12. The one who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Princes.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.
Only pure logic will solve this puzzle. Give it a try over the holiday break. Don't read the last sentence unless you want to know the solution. To read the solution, assign a number to each letter of the alphabet (A=1). The fish was owned by: 20-8-5-7-5-18-13-1-14.